10 Tips for Compliant Rent Comparability Studies

If you ever need a rent comparability study (RCS)—for a Section 8 contract renewal, for example, or to help substantiate an annual rent increase request—you don't want to simply take what the appraiser gives you and hand it off to your contract administrator or local HUD office.

You should first review it carefully, even though it will be reviewed again at the regional and national levels. You'll want to examine it because your sign-off indicates that you did, and because appraisers sometimes make mistakes.

Full Article Access:

Full access to complete articles from Assisted Housing Management Insider is for subscribers only.

Not yet ready to subscribe?