Handling Payments from Special Needs Trusts

Q I have a Section 8 housing applicant who has a special needs trust. Payment for her part-time attendant and some other expenses are made through the trust. Are regular payments from the trust for the benefit of the applicant considered income for the applicant? Can attendant costs be used as a medical deduction if they’re included as income?

Full Article Access:

Full access to complete articles from Assisted Housing Management Insider is for subscribers only.

Not yet ready to subscribe?