How to Respond to Changes in Household Composition

Suppose a household member at your site has a baby or a relative who previously had not lived in the household moves in. Whatever the reason for the change in the household composition, you need to know about it. That's because HUD rules require that you know and take certain steps when you learn of such a change. For example, you may need to recalculate the household's income and rent, or possibly require the family to transfer to a larger unit at your site.

HUD Handbook 4350.3 says residents must report when:

  • A family member moves out;

Full Article Access:

Full access to complete articles from Assisted Housing Management Insider is for subscribers only.

Not yet ready to subscribe?