INSIDER’s Pop Quiz!

Q: You need to run an EIV New Hires report only when a household member reports an increase of $200 or more a month in household income. True or false?


A: False. The report should also be run at least quarterly. If the report shows new employment, contact the household member regarding the new employment. Then confirm the new employment with the household member and request that he provide documents to support current income or, if necessary, request third-party verification from the employer. Next, process an interim recertification to include the new income.

For more on when and how to run EIV reports, see “Overview of the Reports Generated by HUD's EIV System,” available to subscribers here.