PHA Didn't Have Duty to Maintain Fire Extinguisher

Facts: A resident sued the local PHA for injuries she suffered while preparing a meal in her kitchen. At the time, a grease fire started. While the fire was shooting up to the hood of the stove, the resident grabbed the fire extinguisher that was on the floor of her kitchen, pumped it twice, and sprayed the fire. When doing so, the fire escalated. As a result, the oil from the pan sprayed the resident on her face and body, causing her injuries.

Full Article Access:

Full access to complete articles from Assisted Housing Management Insider is for subscribers only.

Not yet ready to subscribe?