Save Time by Knowing When to Deal Directly with HAP Contract Administrator

Your site’s Section 8 Housing Assistance Payments (HAP) contract may be administered by a contract administrator other than your HUD field office. In these cases, where HUD isn’t the contract administrator, the HUD field office is responsible for monitoring the contract administrator to measure its performance and compliance [HUD Handbook 4350.5, par. 1-1]. For instance, a state housing agency such as a local housing authority or a state finance agency may administer your contract.

Full Article Access:

Full access to complete articles from Assisted Housing Management Insider is for subscribers only.

Not yet ready to subscribe?